I've Moved!

Atheist Morality is now West Coast Atheist at Wordpress. Stop on by and feel free to comment over there!

27 March, 2013

AAI Trivializing Harassment.

Yesterday, Atheist Alliance International tweeted to Vjack's awesome Atheist Revolution article, "Understanding Harassment."

They were automatically met with divisive and misleading tweets by Rebecca Watson  and Ophelia Benson that implied the blog post was trivializing harassment. AAI immediately put out this pathetic apology and are refusing to answer how giving a legaldefinition of harassment and pointing out that some people are using the term wrong is trivializing harassment of women.

Well, that about settles it for me. AAI is a useless organization and has lost my respect as a woman and as a former victim of harassment and years of bullying. When people like Watson and Benson label all offensive speech as harassment and spend their days chasing bogeymen instead of addressing real-life bullying, they are trivializing my experiences.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't even know Benson was behind this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now, but I am. I don't envy the position AAI has allowed itself to be placed in. I just hope they are doing what they think they need to on behalf of their members. I may not agree with them, but I can respect that.

    ReplyDelete