I can summarize where we are today in a few bullet points:
- We are all arguing over the same thing: fair and equal treatment of all members of our little minority.
- The approaches to solving these issues are hotly contested, as well as what constitutes unfair or unequal treatment.
- When one side says something, whether they are right or wrong, the other side goes on the attack and blogs about the person instead of addressing the issue with the person.
- Said blog posts are often full of insults, vitriol and strawmen.
- If one side honestly makes a mistake and apologizes, but includes an explanation of their actions, a defense of their position, or tries to dispute the strawmen, they are blasted in a subsequent blog post accusing the person of a "not-apology," and fueling the fire and starting the cycle all over again.